This position's primary purpose is to supervise ambulatory scheduling staff/office staff, RIS/PACS resource, and business related functions. This position is responsible for all of the Radiology systems from a structure support, as well as setting up new systems within the department and ancillary sites. This position also creates process and troubleshooting documentation and takes an active role in training/mentoring all levels of staff through presentations and physical demonstrations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- This position oversees assigned outpatient schedulers working directly and collaboratively with manager and staff to provide a high-level of satisfaction with patients and families utilizing Radiology services and systems, as well as IT support staff within radiology.
- Works directly and collaboratively with manager and staff to provide best practice for processing community referrals to ensure a high-level of satisfaction with providers. Also, ensures scheduling system is structured for maximized effectiveness.
Leads small or medium-sized departmental projects and is responsible for meeting project timeliness.
- Provides staff training and orientation on specific RIS functions, PACS, CD burners and Scanner applications, I.E., Image tracking, deficiency management to ensure thorough staff knowledge and understanding of PACS work flow. Works closely with Imaging Department staff to support technical training designed to maintain and improve the core competencies of imaging system users.
Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Identify and recommend process automation opportunities for front and back office business relations.
Takes ownership of processes/procedures, to include the creation of documentation and training for peers and end-users.
- Regular contribution to the knowledge base. Creation and facilitation of training materials and presentations for applications, systems and tools.
- Enter new order sets and appropriate billing fees in RIS.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.