This position assumes administrative responsibility for Respiratory Care Services programs and staff. Assumes responsibility for financial oversight, positive customer relations, performance management, process improvement, planning and directing staff members. Designs and evaluates performance standards, systems, and processes to optimize care excellence in an efficient, effective manner while supporting the mission, vision and values of Phoenix Childrens Hospital.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- a.Develops operational plans, initiatives, budgets and programs that support Respiratory
- Care strategies at the enterprise and operational unit levels.
- b.Manage and meet productivity metric and variances for staff and programs assigned to
- Respiratory Therapy department.
- c.Ensure capital planning for the department of Respiratory Therapy and maintain 5 year
- d.Manage and meet operational budgets/targets.
- e.Partners with legal and finance to assure that PCH obtains most optimal contracts terms.
- f.Works in partnership with finance to assure that patient billing is captured and includes
- nationally supported time units.
Human Resource Management
- a.Develops and manages staffing plans to meet patient care volumes.
- b.Manages human resources within the scope of labor laws and hospital policies.
- c.Apply recruitment techniques and strategies to fill vacancies.
- d.Apply individual and team interview techniques to select qualified applicants.
- e.Oversee development and evaluate onboarding process and content for staff.
- f.Conduct staff evaluations, assist staff with setting goals, implement continual
- performance development and initiate corrective action as needed.
- a.Collaborates with Quality and Enterprise Services to assure care is patient-centered and
- evidenced based.
- b.Facilitates and maintains strong external relationships in order to monitor national and
- local trends and identify best practices.
- c.Monitors effectiveness of customer service strategies and partners with unit leadership to
- implement improvements.
- d.Monitor and address customer service issues directly related to Respiratory Therapy care.
- e.Directs and Manages daily operations to ensure patient care meets professional and
- regulatory standards.
- a.In partnership with other leaders, develop, implement and/or lead key initiatives to
- provide high quality Respiratory Care.
- b.Accountable for strategic goals and project outcomes for Respiratory Therapy.
- c.Contribute to a culture of innovation to drive change and improvement.
- d.Monitor and assess that all services in place meet the needs of our diverse patient
Leadership and Training
- a.Provide oversight, leadership and technical direction to staff.
- b.Lead departmental and enterprise change management efforts related to Respiratory
- c.Act as the key leader in coaching and training for Respiratory Care.
- d.Anticipate the needs of Respiratory Care to ensure services are in place to attain optimal
- e.Ensures staff competencies are completed per Regulatory requirements.
Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- a.Develop relationships across the enterprise necessary to communicate and carry out
- Respiratory strategies and operational plans.
- b.Collaborate and manage relationships with senior executives and operations staff.
- c.Identify issues that require immediate attention and apply principles of crisis
- management to handle situations as needed.
- d.Influence other leaders by role modeling good communication and professional behavior;
- apply motivational theory and act as a change agent; assist others in problem solving
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.