The Communications Specialist is a key member of the Communications team responsible for developing and executing on our internal and external communication strategies at Phoenix Children’s. This role is part of a collaborative team working to enhance the communications experience for all of our internal and external stakeholders (employees, providers, patients, etc.), inspire and promote our culture, mission and values, deepen our stakeholder relationships and continue to strengthen the Phoenix Children’s brand. This position plans, executes and evaluates the effectiveness of communications efforts to drive awareness, understanding, preference and loyalty to Phoenix Children’s with our various stakeholders. This involves crafting strategic messaging, delivering the messaging to the intended audiences through the right channels and receiving feedback, all while keeping the specific communications purpose in mind. The Communications Specialist will use their planning, writing and editing skills to create materials, organize events for stakeholders, communicate key messages across various platforms (newsletters, emails, fliers, social media, etc.) and manage tools to produce print and digital communication to engage and inspire stakeholders and maintain a positive image for Phoenix Children’s.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Communications and Project Planning
- Works with stakeholders to identify effective strategies to achieve organizational and department communications goals. Identifies opportunities to achieve goals for various stakeholders and prioritizes projects appropriately to meet deadlines. Develops and executes integrated communications plans in-line with agreed upon goals. Works closely with Marketing and Communications team to ensure alignment of messages and timelines. Ensures activities conform to legal standards, including but not limited to HIPAA and Stark.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, meeting deadlines, quality measures and budgets.
Editorial, Collateral and Content Management
- Researches, writes and produces material targeted to various stakeholders (employees, patients, providers, etc.) in support of organization initiatives and priorities. This may include, e-newsletters, flyers, brochures and other communications vehicles. Works with appropriate individuals to develop approaches to projects with topic ideas that with appeal to intended audiences and support enterprise-wide strategies and goals. Writes in top professional quality (style, grammar, interest, readability and tone), presents facts and quotations accurately, and ensures the finished product communicates effectively with appropriate language geared to its audience. When editing others’ writing, handles with respect for the writer and an understanding of the project goals and intended use(s). Writes using AP and Phoenix Children's style guides with a commitment to error-free content.
Research and Strategy Development
- Uses research to better understand stakeholders in order to develop strategies and tactics to communicate appropriately. Regularly reviews Phoenix Children's strategic objectives and needs to build impactful and creative communications strategies that keep the organization and its stakeholders informed about Phoenix Children's developments.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.