Posting Note: **Full-time 7:30am to 6:30pm (Times vary based on tech coverage). We have Monday-Friday AND Tuesday-Saturday shifts available.**
This position assists in the productive operation of the rehab department, working under the direction and supervision of the professional therapy staff in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Supports daily operation of the clinic in a variety of technical, clerical, and other capacities including treatment setups/cleanups, maintaining treatment area/equipment, assisting clinicians with routine patient care tasks, transporting/transferring of immobile patients, and various clerical tasks.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Prepares treatment area, equipment, and patients for treatment sessions. Escorts patients to and from therapy areas, using appropriate modes of transportation and including transferring/lifting and setup of patient. Provides and/or assists with routine patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist including but not limited to appropriate treatment modalities, fabricating assistive devices, and conducting designated routine therapy tasks. Interacts with staff and patients/families/caregivers including occasionally over the reception desk or by phone. Communicates needs identified by patients/families/caregivers to the appropriate therapy staff.
- Cleans and maintains treatment areas, department equipment, work surfaces, and cabinetry. Delivers and sets up equipment rented or loaned to patients; maintains records of rented or loaned equipment. Tracks and logs all patient equipment to prevent loss.
- Performs clerical activities as directed, acting as back up for the therapist. Organizes patient transportation schedules based on department therapy appointments.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.