This position develops and maintains the Infection Prevention and Control program across the continuum of care at PCH. Practitioners work in collaboration with hospital staff, medical staff and Infection Prevention and Control physicians. Surveillance encompasses the facility, employees and patients. Practioners assist staff to prevent infections as well as ensuring care that of infected patients is appropriate and based on best practice. The program aligns and supports all applicable standards, state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively participates in community-based pediatric initiatives and serves as a representative of the Hospital for national pediatric efforts.
- Serves as an expert for internal projects and initiatives using evidence based protocols and best practice from other national initiatives.
- Creates appropriate metrics and outcome measures for all initiatives.
- Participates in national or state initiatives and programs to improve infection prevention and control practice.
- Conducts accurate data collection and submission to appropriate agencies or comparative databases.
Effectively coordinates Infection Prevention and Control Program enterprise-wide.
- Works in a collaborative manner with all staff to create infection prevention projects, initiatives and work plans that address prevention as well as control of infections.
- Works professionally and collaboratively with medical staff and designated Infection Control Physician(s)
- Effectively implements appropriate methods and practices for preventing and controlling infections.
- Presents data, interventions and outcomes (clinical and financial) in an accurate and clear manner using appriopriate analysis to appropriate committees as needed.
- Integrate efforts into organization-wide Quality Improvement program and systems.
- Directs, implements, and evaluates development of departmental, functional, and/or service related policies and procedures.
- Proactively assesses program, service, and functional effectiveness.
- Works in an independent, professional and autonomous manner.
Collaborates with other key departments to impact outcomes
- Works collaboratively and in conjunction with Occupational Health to plan, develop, and direct a comprehensive Occupational Health program to ensure timely notification and communication with employees and departments of required health screens, immunizations, and incidents of communicable disease exposure.
- Investigates communicable health hazards to ensure development and implementation of appropriate preventative measures to reduce potential exposure. Performs crisis intervention follow-up for incidents related to potential exposure to infectious diseases by patients and/or employees.
- Integrates work and priorites with facilities and environmental services to promote and maintain evidence based practice.
- -Works collaboratively with Infection Prevention and Control Committee to develop and monitor appropriate standards of care, policies and procedures, related systems and processes to ensure compliance with applicable standards, regulations and laws.
- Develops implements and evaluates the effectiveness of a variety of employee health and wellness, injury, infection, and exposure prevention education programs. Works collaboratively with Occupational Health, Safety, and Benefits to identify appropriate program materials and speakers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.