Posting Note: This shift will be Saturday and Sunday from 2:00pm to 10:30pm as the standing shift. There may be a possibility to work another second shift throughout the week.
The position is responsible for receiving and dispatching emergency and non-emergency calls for security services, monitoring multiple alarms, and utilizing the PA system to make emergency announcements. The position requires simultaneous use of a computer-aided dispatch system, computerized phone system and digital radio base station.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively monitors the status of systems within the dispatch center; reports outages in a timely manner; follows system outage protocols.
- Communicates with internal and external responders by 2-way radio, telephones, pagers, text messages/SMS, and the public address system. Respond to critical systems alarms such as fire panels, patient protection systems, generator alarms and medical gas alarms; remain calm performing these tasks while relaying critical information to both internal and external first responders.
Maintains confidential information and shares with others only when it is essential for them to perform their job duties.
- This may include, but is not limited to, departmental processes, sensitive patient information, orders of protection, subpoenas and descriptions of persons of interest. Adheres to hospital and departmental policy and procedures at all times.
Promptly answers all telephone calls with the approved answer phrase and in a courteous manner; relay necessary information to the appropriate responders.
- Receives and responds to emergency and non-emergency calls including internal code and 911 calls; determines the urgency of the call; properly dispatches security officers based on urgency and location; contacts external fire and law enforcement agencies in accordance with policies and procedures. Utilize camera systems and building monitoring to monitor and communicate with responders, accurate information to solicit an appropriate response.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.