This position is responsible for providing overall gaming strategy, training, and technical support for Phoenix Children`s Hospital patients, families, and to the Division of Family Centered Care.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, updates and support gaming systems and related peripheral equipment. Maintains updated knowledge on all applicable gaming systems and performs new system configurations.
- Disseminates technical knowledge, including formal training across the Child Life team and related departments. Communicates with patient care teams when implementing gaming/technology with patients and families.
- Works with patients and families to teach and utilize appropriately assigned gaming technologies. Collaborates with team members on research related to gaming system implementation and outcomes with relation to patient care.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop resources, conduct program pilots with patients and families, and use of current gaming and other technologies in child life practice. Completes and maintains inventory of Child Life technologies and IT Supported Patient Entertainment Systems.
- Answers and logs all requests for assistance in a timely, customer-focused and professional manner using non-technical communication that end-users can understand. Provides prompt, courteous and professional support to PCH staff and affiliates.
- Follows IT and Hospital policy and procedures as it relates to information technology (use and misuse of the following - access requests, hardware, software, social media, etc.), and assists outside requests when necessary. Works with the customer to accurately and thoroughly document the incident description, comments, and resolution.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.