This position oversees the day to day activities performed in the department, to plan and execute basic, ongoing, operational activities, and to provide a point-of service contact for all hospital departments for subjects related to Patient Transport Services.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Actively seeks feedback from and interacts with patients, families and all levels of hospital staff including management to accomplish departmental goals; works closely with patient care areas to coordinate efficient patient and materials transport services across multiple areas. Adheres to written policies and procedures, and demands the same from assigned staff; serves as role model for assigned staff.
- Conducts all disciplinary actions, communications and business in a professional manor; remains the constant professional. Develop and evaluate subordinates; continually develop departmental training, competencies and processes. Develops and implements in cooperation with the department manager new practice standards and protocols for service improvement by documenting customer service issues.
- Establishes and organizes daily schedules and assignments for Central Dispatch and Patient Transporters to match peak demand times to all service areas; adjusts staffing levels as needed based on service demand and patient volume. Reports changes in volume to management; effectively maintains reports to show trends and to provide ongoing justification for staff and services. Supervises daily activities of the department or assigned areas; responsibilities include hiring, coaching and discipline of employees and creating development plans; oversee the day to day activities performed in the department, to plan and execute basic, ongoing, operational activities.
- Serves as dispatcher and patient transporter during periods of high volume and/or staff shortages. Works cooperatively and closely with technologists and care unit coordinators to provide time sensitive transport services between care units and testing areas. Initiates recommendations for equipment acquisition and/or arranges for repair of existing equipment as appropriate while maintaining budgetary discipline.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.