Directs, coordinates and controls the multi-disciplinary activities for patients undergoing surgical intervention and procedures in a safe environment. Responsible for the interpretation, direction and evaluation of nursing practice to promote safe, efficient and therapeutically effective nursing care through the department. Demonstrates the primary goal of providing appropriate patient care services that exceed customer expectations, improve clinical care, and increase quality outcomes.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Directs and supervises operational functions of assigned departments including administrative, clinical, quality, personnel management, and performance improvement.
- Responsible for the quality of care delivery of patients across the patient care continuum.
- Develops and cultivates Strategic Plan and action steps for assigned clinical departments.
- Collaborates with administration, physicians, nursing and ancillary departments to develop, implement, and monitor long-range strategic plan/departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees the human resource activities of direct reports consistent with established personnel policies and procedures and regulatory agencies. Manages recruitment, staffing, employee relations, performance evaluation and management, training and orientation, and compliance to department and system policies. Mentors staff within assigned departments for departmental success, organizational achievement and individual career development. Facilitates a positive team environment.
- Provides leadership for improving the quality of care and services by providing a framework for cooperation and teamwork with shared accountability for performance among physicians, patient care staff, business, and support services.
- Develops and assumes responsibility for implementing, evaluating, revising and ensuring compliance with nursing standards, policies and procedures.
- Assists stakeholders in the development of performance measures and quality dashboards.
Provides Fiscal Management
- In collaboration with the Perioperative Business Manager:
- Develops, secures approval for, and monitors capital and operating budgets, revenues,
- and expenses for areas of responsibility, maintains accountability for budget administration.
- Prepares and manages the operating budget demonstrating prudent resource utilization and effective collaboration with the accounting and billing departments to monitor account revenue and expenses.
- Works collaboratively with physicians and other health care team members to influence sound decision making in selection of equipment and supplies.
- Analyzes costs and charging mechanisms and makes recommendations to reduce costs.
Provides clinical practice standards and guidelines
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental and clinical policies and procedures. Ensures department provides quality care through evidence based practice and using current research and national standards.
- Facilitates collaboration among key stakeholders to develop, implement, and evaluate standards, guidelines, and pathways related to assigned departments.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.