Posting Note: As an MA Care Coordinator, you will coordinate procedure scheduling, billing, maintain supplies and support Providers/Nurses in the Procedure area within the CCBD Department. This position will work M-F. There will be no evenings or weekends. Please bring your administrative, computer and clinical skills. If you are seeking a position that will require strong organization and time management skills, please apply! Your AAMA or RMA certification will be required for this position.
The MA Care Coordinator works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for a designated department or clinic at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. This position is mainly administrative, but requires a clinical knowledge base to help facilitate patient care, overcoming barriers to care, helping to improve the overall quality of care and enhancing the patient experience.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Works with the care team to optimize the patient care experience for patients and families; helping patients overcome barriers to care, improving overall quality of care and enhancing patient and clinic flows.
- Acts as a direct liaison for families within the specified disease population; working collaboratively with patients, providers, nurses, referral coordinators, and office staff.
- Works with the clinical team to complete requested paperwork including, but not limited to: school letters, forms, FMLA paperwork, ROI requests, CRS applications, etc.
- Collects data and prepares charts for upcoming visits; facilitating the scheduling of outside specialty testing, receipt of test results and follow-up on DME and specialty medication orders.
- Works with team to streamline clinic visits by performing prior authorizations and assuring families are prepared for clinic visits.
- Identifies patients with gaps in care and works with those families to assure timely and appropriate follow-up within the clinic; facilitating appointment scheduling, records requests, and referrals to Subspecialists.
- Works with physicians to develop protocols that will help streamline care while improving quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for readily available and accessible data.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.