Posting Note: Full-time Nights, 7pm-8:30am**
This position performs a variety of clerical and customer service support functions for a patient care unit/department to provide for the timely sharing of information, communication and order entry to appropriate sources.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assembles patient charts for new admissions and enters admission orders and demographic data as needed to provide for timely and complete patient record for efficient patient care and financial processes.
- Greets patients, families, visitors, and care team members to the unit; answers telephone and call lights as appropriate and responds to inquiries both in person and via telephone. Routes release of information requests to Health Information Management department.
- Maintains and updates orders to chart; transfers charts with patient and discharge charts to Health Information Management department. Updates chart locator database to ensure ongoing accurate information.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs a variety of patient chart maintenance activities to provide for ready availability and accessibility to data; requests signatures on incomplete charts as required.
- Receives, sorts, and delivers all unit mail, supplies, and inventory items; photocopies and files documents as requested to provide for efficient unit operations.
- Uses pre-determined criteria for patient bed assignment; consults with Clinical Supervisor or designated unit staff as necessary to provide for efficient unit flow.
- Works collaboratively with leadership team to examines patient administrative processes to determine opportunities for cost savings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.