The Lead Pharmacist, Sterile Products, directs and coordinates the inpatient pharmacy sterile compounding throughout PCH. This position has primary responsibility and accountability for the provision of safe, effective and timely sterile products and reliable pharmaceutical care to a variety of patient populations. As the front-line supervisor for the Pharmacy Clean Room, this position functions as the problem solver and systems coordinator, as well as a Pharmacist. Additional responsibilities include interdisciplinary collaboration, integrated operational support, departmental leadership and professional mentorship. This position is expected to actively participate in multidisciplinary hospital committees, departmental training, clinical education and research activities.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Supervises daily operational activities of the Pharmacy IV room suite, supply procurement and distribution. Focuses on improving service level and timeliness of medication delivery to patient care areas. Implements strategies to reduce product waste. Monitors quality and effectiveness of workflow, problem resolution, and troubleshooting issues and/or processes to ensure optimum efficiency, adequate inventory levels and compliance with all regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Supervises work activities of assigned staff to ensure achievement of established service goals, objectives, and outcomes. Provides guidance, mentoring and direction, as appropriate, for on-going staff development. Completes 90 day and performance evaluations on time; initiates and delivers Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) with the support of the Sr. Operations Manager, Pharmacy and Director, Inpatient Pharmacy.
- Leads IV room operational, quality improvement, and safety initiatives. Ensure documentation is complete.
- Develops IV room policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance. Applies knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and standards during decision making and problem resolution.
- Develops and maintains training resources. Ensures all training requirements are met and documentation is complete. Assists with clean room staff scheduling for pharmacists and technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical competency by pursuing knowledge and advancing skills. Understanding of current best practices, trends, developments, and latest technology to improve outcomes. Is able to staff various shifts within the department.
- Works collaboratively with nurses, practitioners, infection prevention, quality, compliance, department supervisors and other staff members regarding requests, medication delivery issues and other related needs and opportunities. Effectively communicates problems, patient needs, operational issues, and other necessary information for continuity of care.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.