Posting Note: Phoenix Children's Hospital is looking for an experienced pediatric clinical manager with inpatient psychiatric experience. Position requires a minimum of 5 years as a manager, working in a hospital setting. Must have experience working with hospital psychiatrists, and have experience working in a 24/7 operation. Must have a passion for working with children and their families, as well as managing a cross functional staff of RNs, social workers, BHT, PCT and recreational therapists. BSN is required; MSN or MBA is required for this role
This position manages, evaluates and supervises operational functions and activities of assigned area by guiding and supporting staff and serving as liaison with other departments to facilitate quick resolution of issues to ensure excellence in a family centered care environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As needed, provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality integrated developmentally appropriate patient care; participates as appropriate in emergent situations.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Manages the operational activities during a designated shift for a specific nursing unit by guiding and supporting staff as well as acting as liaison with other areas to facilitate quick resolution to issues.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal utilization of all resources.
- Works closely and in conjunction with other disciplines and specialty areas to ensure effective and coordinated delivery of high quality care.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Supervisors to identify staff performance issues/needs, provides feedback and support to address staff issues requiring immediate intervention, and identifies educational needs to ensure maintenance of established performance, competency, and quality standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.