Posting Note: STARTING BONUS*LOAN REPAYMENT*RETENTION BONUS*RELOCATION* Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Division of Genetics and Metabolism is seeking a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with minimum 3 years genetics experience to join our growing program.The Genetics and Metabolism Department at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, the only one of its kind in the State of Arizona, offers comprehensive and compassionate evaluation, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services for children and families with known or suspected genetic conditions. Our services include prenatal genetic counseling, genetic counseling for diagnosed syndromes, medical genetics team evaluations, and genetic diagnostic laboratory testing. Our program serves as the main genetics referral for a population of 7 million residents, of whom 1.5 million are in the pediatric age range. Multiple opportunities exist within our program for specialty interests. The Women’s and Children’s Pavilion will open in 2021, which will expand the Fetal Care Program. Metabolic experience is welcomed, as our clinic features an active Lysosomal Disease Treatment Center and serves as the primary medical consultants for the Arizona State Newborn Screening Program. We participate in multi-specialty care teams, including the 22q clinic, skeletal dysplasia clinic, neurofibromatosis, and upcoming programs for Marfan syndrome and cardiogenetics. Our Genetics staff includes 5 physicians, 1 Nurse Practitioner, 5 Genetic Counselors, 2 Dietitians, a Clinic Coordinator, Research Coordinator, and additional support staff. The clinical activities includes 2400 ambulatory visits and 400 multi-specialty inpatient consultations. Active involvement in resident, fellow, medical student, and genetic counseling student teaching through affiliated programs is expected. Academic appointments are encouraged through our relationships with University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, Creighton University School of Medicine, and Mayo Clinic School of Medicine.
This position works in collaboration with the attending physicians and works within their scope of practice to provide excellent clinical care for patients. Plays a critical role in the patient family medical team. Professional who may practice in hospital’s inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Conducts comprehensive health history, physical assessments and plans for infants, children and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions. Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients.
- Orders and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Formulates family centered plan of care. Performs daily documents as necessary. Collaborated and coordinated care with other team members.
- Collects data and analyzes when necessary.
- Performs any needed advanced procedures that are associated with their credentialing process DOP.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence based practice for plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competences, certifying body renewals, seeking educational offerings when available, and participates in the professional development of others which may include Advanced Practice Provider students, Residents and Medical Students. Acts as a preceptor/mentor for those new in department.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by bring up concerns in appropriate manner, reporting through appropriate channels, and ensuring change of practice when necessary. Demonstrates shared accountability of safe practice.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.