Posting Note: As an Ophthalmic Assistant you will be utilizing your customer service skills to meet the needs of the children, their parents and medical professionals. If you are comfortable and enjoy welcoming patients as well as having the flexibility to conduct intake, using your computer skills, prepare a room-this job will require your flexibility skills! If you have previous experience working in a medical office and would like to work with children, please apply! HIPPA knowledge preferred.Schedule : 4/10's -M/T/Th/F - Wednesday off; no weekends or evenings. 7:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. Address: 20201 North Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ
The Ophthalmic Assistant works under the direction of the practice provider and supports the functions of the ophthalmic technician. This position performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, prepares patients for examination and treatment. This includes obtaining patient history, documenting allergies, obtains current vision measurement, maintains medication list, and generating surgical consent forms. Assists the provider and technician in the course of the patient encounter as requested.
- Provides throughput support to assist in the efficiencies of patient flow, including assisting with the intake and discharge processes.
- Administers medications such as eye drops under physicians written order.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Assists in the maintenance of supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.