This position will develop, coordinate and administer art therapy services to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well- being of patients and families at Phoenix Children`s Hospital.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provides comprehensive art therapy services for patients and families that meet emotional, physical, cognitive, social/cultural and communicative needs.
- Performs assessments of patients and families to identify needs to establish short and/or long term goals.
- Provides art therapy interventions that are goal-oriented and patient/family focused.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and modifies care based on results.
- Collaborates as a member of the health care team by integrating art therapy into the care of the patient.
Documents Art Therapy interventions in patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Documentation will include initial assessment and progress notes.
- Documentation will include treatment plan and outcomes.
- Effective communication with Child Life Staff, Psychology and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team on clinical care planning and issues revealed through art therapy sessions.
- Provides educational in-services about art therapy throughout the hospital, to include: individual departments, medical staff, grand rounds, etc
- Maintains accurate art therapy session statistics in quality assurance efforts.
- Adheres to infection prevention and control and other safety standards in the maintenance and ordering of art therapy and in clinical practice.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders for special events and program growth.
- Supervises volunteers and interns providing art based interventions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.