This position works with the clinical business operations areas to ensure timely, effective, and accurate billing and collections for physician and related services provided by Phoenix Childrens Medical Group. This position also manages the outsourced relationship with billing and collections vendors, creates reports, monitors results, trains staff, and leads the department.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Actively participates in formal education programs including orientation and skills development. Works closely with the Leadership to develop and deliver programs designed to address identified competency and/or skill needs
- Develops and maintains staff schedule, using established volume and work flow indicators to adjust staffing accordingly to ensure continuous compliance with department goals.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resources policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Develops, establishes, implements, and evaluates systems to monitor accuracy and timeliness of data entry activities through the patient care continuum.
- Manages and supervises daily operations of business support functions of clinical areas to ensure optimal efficiency of work flow processes consistent with all applicable standards and regulations, established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manages and supervises financial transactions to ensure timely reimbursement of all patient related charges.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal utilization of all resources.
- Serves as a resource for staff to identify appropriate health plans based on eligibility criteria. Facilitates interaction with health plan as necessary to ensure maintenance of patient rights, responsibilities and confidentiality.
- Works closely and cooperatively with Patient Financial Services, IT, Health Information Management, Admitting, and clinical staff to identify issues, concerns, and areas for increased efficiencies to develop effective integrated solutions.
- Manages vendor relationships and processes from a revenue cycle operations perspective. Coordindates the implementation of new vendors and works closely with PCH IT to ensure file transfers, returns, and adjustments are occurring regularly to maintain the integrity of the revenue cycle.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.