Category: Legal/Risk/Reg Compliance
Posting #: 498914
Date Posted: 2/5/2020
Employee Type: Regular
The Associate General Counsel is responsible for providing a wide range of in-house legal services for Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provides oversight, direction and support for the Office of General Counsel.
- Assists in the recruitment, coaching, development and retention of qualified, competent staff.
- Educates staff through client conferences, training sessions and oral presentations; advises clients on new developments in the law and proactively identifies problem areas for clients to minimize risks.
- Leads department on administrative matters, at the request of the General Counsel, including planning employee survey response and evaluating employees.
- Provides legal advice and counsel in diverse matters affecting the day-to-day activities of the institution by assisting, advising, investigating, researching and resolving legal matters.
- Leads various legal projects and negotiates workable solutions to complex and sensitive legal issues.
- At the discretion of the General Counsel, manages business litigation, including subpoena process, involving Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Drafts and reviews contracts and ensures timely review and approval of contracts.
- Assists in the corporate secretarial functions of the Phoenix Children’s Hospital corporate entities and affiliates, including corporate filings, trademark filings, etc.
- Serve as a legal resource to the Risk Management and Compliance departments.
- Assists and supports General Counsel in legal, administrative, and budgetary matters, as requested, including assisting in planning and leading Office of General Counsel meetings, retreats, and departmental work activities, developing and implementing departmental goals and objectives.
- Assists in the efficient use, management, and evaluation of outside counsel consistent with budgetary projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.