The Medical Laboratory Technician II has a working comprehension of the technical and procedural aspects of laboratory tests. The MLT II comprehends and follows procedural guidelines to perform laboratory tests to include instrument operation and troubleshooting, result reporting and record documentation, quality control monitoring, computer applications and safety requirements. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the supervisor.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Follows established procedures for preparing clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports of test results, analysis, and examinations to ensure timely and thorough data for patient treatment decisions.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by medical laboratory medicine.
- Follows procedural guidelines, participates in standard and complex patient testing and quality control testing of samples, and plans techniques based on assessment of findings and accepted protocols.
- Performs a variety of standard and complex laboratory tests and procedures to determine presence of normal and abnormal components as related to specific job function within the laboratory.
- Performs regular instrument maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Takes corrective action according to predetermined criteria or refers the problem to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists peers with work assignments as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.