This position develops, directs, and communicates business and strategic plans to benefit new or expanded clinical, advocacy, research, education and business opportunities.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assumes a leadership role and manages the development of business plans that are required for specific projects, divisions, and business units. This requires significant interaction with faculty and business professionals as well as presentation to the major departments in the institution. Develops business plans and business cases for review with SVP Business Development & Chief Strategy Officer.
- Develops and refines hospital financial forecasts in conjunction with Strategic Planning, budget, and audit processes.
- Develops new and refines existing analytical techniques and resources to enable effective business planning, including market forecasting, competitive intelligence, operational review, and financial analysis. Proactively develops and maintains market intelligence database, including ongoing communication of specific opportunities or threats to the Hospital. Continually reviews and reports market and financial data reflecting the opportunities for clinical growth for the Hospital. Proactively communicates challenges and issues. Develops presentations for leadership with findings and recommendations. Mentors and trains Strategic Planning Analysts to develop skills relative to this function.
- Participates in improving organizational performance by recommending areas or approaches for improvement initiatives or activities, performing new procedures, collecting data, and providing input to department discussions. Proactively recommends and develop processes and methodologies to improve the quality and value of the Strategic Planning department.
- Proactively monitors and reports progress against the action plans and objectives related to the strategic plan for management team and Board. Facilitates momentum and progress. Analyze to determine risks, concerns and deficiencies, and provides alternative tactics and strategies. Develops the monthly Strategic Plan Progress Report for review by SVP Business Development & Chief Strategy Officer. Identifies progress and challenges and barriers to facilitate action and resolution. Trains and assists participants with effective use of tools.
- Supports department directors and managers in developing business cases, ROI analyses, and feasibility studies for review with SVP Business Development & Chief Strategy Officer and senior leadership.
- Supports the department by developing and annually updating the institutional strategic plan, the process of which entails identifying key planning areas, updating current state for each planning area, challenging and updating strategies, assisting with the development of new annual action plans and objectives, and compiling the related operating and capital budget impacts.
- Supports the SVP Business Development & Chief Strategy Officer and executive leadership to analyze major strategic initiatives that would entail the following: feasibility studies, assessment planning and recommendations, benchmarking, and presentation of recommendations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.