This position answers telephone calls placed to the Hospital and directs those calls to the correct destination, which are typically a hospital department, an outpatient clinic, an individual or a patient room. This position also answers telephone calls placed to the clinics after hours and records and, as required, dispatches messages to medical staff.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Accesses information, including employee telephone directories or patient directory, to identify the correct extension to which incoming calls should be transferred. Identifies the correct extension 97 % of the time.
- Answers on-call requests within six rings 98% of the time and completes incoming calls 60 seconds 90% of the time. Accurately takes and triages messages according to client specific instruction, which includes spelling, message form completion, and properly dispatching messages using the client specific instructions.
- Answers telephone calls placed to the Hospital in a manner that is friendly, professional, competent, and positive; answers calls within 4 rings 98% of the time.
- Answers the Code Line, 911, and other emergency lines within three rings 100% of the time. Makes public address announcements properly 99% of the time. Uses equipment and scripts in an appropriate manner.
- Properly uses department specific equipment, software, and processes, which include, but are not limited to, the knowledge and use of operator stations, downtime equipment (backup phones and microphone), and downtime procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.