The primary role of the Physician Liaison is to develop and maintain strong relationships with targeted referral sources through consistent, strategic field call strategies. The objective of the work is to earn and sustain incremental volume in service lines and services in alignment with Phoenix Childrens Hospital (PCH) strategies and business plans. This individual positively represents PCH, its clinical service lines and medical staff to referral sources with the intent to develop and strengthen referral source relationships that contribute to PCH reputation and market position.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Initiates and maintains contact using a mix of communications tools - with key referral sources identified through a data-driven targeting process for earning referrals to PCH.
- Conducts scheduled face-to-face meetings with targeted referral sources to uncover needs then deliver relevant and useful information specific to each contact ultimately building a trusting and reliable relationship with that referring source.
- Advances each relationship using customized relationship strategies to the point of asking for new or additional referral opportunities.
- Arranges and facilitates introductions of select new PCH specialists to targeted referral prospects to reinforce clinical expertise.
- Facilitates attendance at educational programs and other opportunities/events to connect PCH specialists with the assigned physicians.
- Works with the department director to support the organizations overall goals through identification of other service needs in the assigned practices
- Documents each provider encounter including any open requests or needs and the follow-up plan in the Salesforce database tool that tracks activities, progress, trends and outcomes in accordance with team policy
- Develops annual growth/retention plans for physicians that consider, market share patterns, patient utilization data and physician practice trends.
- Incorporates market intelligence pertinent to new opportunities and relationships.
- In collaboration with department leaders, ensures plan objectives are in line with service lines targeted and ready for growth.
- Continuously adapts strategies and plans to ensure optimal outcomes and win-win results for physicians and encourages and supports internal efforts to create a provider-centric culture.
- Works with the Director and marketing team to develop targeted messages and selects marketing tools for the referral audience.
- Prepares reports, summarizing field activities, identifying trends, opportunities and barriers to new referrals.
- Brings forward new business opportunities that are revealed through field interactions and facilitates response jointly agreed upon by internal stakeholders.
Internal Interface and Coordination
- Communicates trends in service, communications and operations barriers expressed by referral sources that affect ability to develop relationships with referral sources and negatively impact ability to grow PCH image and its referrals.
- Works with the Director and clinical/operational leaders to ensure a system is in place for addressing and reporting physician issues and needs.
- Serves as a resource to organizational leaders for market and competitive intelligence and physician desires to support operational and clinical business planning.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.