Posting Note: The Corporate Development Officer position is responsible for identifying, soliciting, securing and managing new corporate relationships with prospects and partners to increase revenue and achieve fundraising goals. This is a true sales/business development position with an emphasis on relationship building. Ideal candidate will have an understanding of cause marketing and corporate social responsibility to align businesses with Phoenix Children’s Hospital through event sponsorship, retail campaigns, programmatic support and more. This position is front-facing and highly visible in the community - interacting with c-suite decision makers and executive leaders in the community. If you are a dynamic, hard-working, sophisticated business development candidate who can move the needle with decision makers, build impactful partnerships and produce results, apply today!
The Development Officer I identifies, develops, broadens, and maximizes philanthropic support from individual and business prospects to increase awareness and support of hospital programs, initiatives and goals through philanthropic giving.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Discovers/cultivates/solicits stewardship activities to develop a portfolio of prospects and donors to ensure achievement of fundraising goals and purposes. Develops strategies for identifying potential prospects and introducing new and additional individuals and businesses to philanthropy at PCH. Regularly reports activities and results against targets to achieve/exceed performance metrics. Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize giving potential of donors.
- Collaborates with Foundation colleagues to develop and implement prospect cultivation and recognition collateral, promotional materials and proposals to engage and increase interest in philanthropy and sponsorship from individuals and businesses.
- Develops expertise in Hospital Centers of Excellence and all clinical care areas, research and programs funded through philanthropy. Build relationships and ongoing interaction with physicians, researchers, program directors and administrators with personnel, programmatic and capital funding needs.
- Represents Phoenix Children’s appropriately at community functions, networking events and by nurturing new and existing relationships.
- Maintains professional competency by pursuing industry knowledge, keeping apprised of current and national trends and building awareness of latest technologies and best practices to promote performance.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.