The Physician Relations Director is the day-to-day departmental leader and has responsibility and accountability for the leadership, development and management of the physician relationship program. This individual will direct the field liaison strategy, planning and day-to-day operational implementation of the physician relations growth functions as they relate to the organizations physicians. This individual will also develop and implement tools and processes to ensure the organization can accurately evaluate referral growth and retention success, results of the field team activity, and forecast emerging organizational and market trends for a successful referral relationship program.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Structure & Strategy Works with PCH strategy to integrate organizational, physician, competitive and market data and trends to build and implement a successful strategy for referral growth and physician engagement. Collaborates with executive and service line leaders to identify clinical priority areas for growth. Champion use of data and relationship management tools to identify market opportunity, create physician target lists and define sales territories. Participate in the identification and development of new markets/opportunities to meet future growth goals for the organization. Monitor market activity and changing dynamics in the provider community that may affect the field strategy; adjust as necessary. Create internal structure and processes used to navigate and assess field activities and effectiveness. Manage reports that allow for data-driven analysis of the effectiveness of the physician relations field team and for the organization overall. Partner with the marketing department to develop materials and strategies to be used by field representatives.
- Lead and Develop Staff Recruit, orient and train field staff with the desired qualifications and competencies to achieve desired growth goals and objectives. Mentor, coach, motivate and evaluate field team to fulfill strategies and meet measurable sales objectives. Work with the field team to develop and assess physician target lists, territory assignments, sales plans and other sales structure activities. Assist in the development of performance standards and compensation programs for field representatives. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods and results of the field representatives and complete training and development plans to achieve results Develop, monitor, and measure performance standards for field representatives Review reports, conduct ride-alongs and work with staff to improve sales productivity and effectiveness Determine field staff training needed ensure ongoing skill development to improve staff skills and product knowledge.
- Sales Planning Actively participate in development of annual volume/sales objectives for the organization and help determine the portfolio of referrals that can be earned from physicians. Work with team members to create sales plans by targeted service lines/physicians. Work with field staff on pre-call planning and routing plans. Manage field staff in preparation of territory sales plans with focus on: -Service line and or practice/physician growth -Managing the sales funnel -Increasing number of referrals in the select service lines -Maximizing alternative referral development distribution channels -Retention strategies
- Tracking and Reporting Responsible for selection, functionality and ongoing maintenance of the physician relationship management (PRM) tool. Create sales reporting processes used to monitor and summarize physician relations sales activities and effectiveness. Track and manage sales reports in the PRM tool. Provide for routine reporting to executive leadership and other internal stakeholders. Monitor and report market and competitor strategic and tactical field intelligence.
- Internal Management of Referral Development Work with hospital leadership to align referral source and physician relationship initiatives with the organizations strategic focus and business growth objectives. Develop internal positioning and messages to create and nurture a physician as customer culture. This includes working with internal leaders to ensure the field efforts are coordinated within the organization. Develop and foster collaborate relationships between the hospitals clinical staff and the referral relationship staff to facilitate increased physician satisfaction and referrals. Work with internal clinical and operational teams to develop infrastructure and protocols for responding to physicians needs. Communicate to organizational leaders market and competitive intelligence and physician desires to support operational and clinical business planning. Communicate trends in service, communications and operations barriers expressed by physicians that affect ability to develop long-standing, loyal relationships with physicians. Appropriately coach and prepare leadership for physician interactions, which may entail developing a message consistent with the organizations goals but tailored to the physicians needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.