This position performs diagnostic cardiac sonography examinations with a sub-specialty in fetal cardiac sonography examinations, as well as cardiology procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injuries in accordance with all applicable standards, regulation and licensing requirements
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Basic and advanced diagnostic cardiac sonography
- Performs diagnostic cardiac sonography examinations on patients across the spectrum of congenital and acquired hear disease for interpretation by a cardiologist. Determines proper technique and positioning to ensure optimal resuls in accordance with all applicable standards, protocols and procedures. Perfoms or assists with tranesphageal, transthoracic and advanced techniques including stress cardiac sonography and 3D imaging as required and per training and expertise. Must regularly demonstrate mastery of one or more advanced echo modalities.
Documents preliminary report
- Creates a detailed report of sonographer` impressions to include pertinent positive and negative anatomic findings and measurements for presentation to interpreting physician. It includes exam aspects outside sonogram results that may relate to diagnosis or treatment, including, but not limited to, patient reaction to temperature, pressure or movement of transducer, ability to respond to instructions, and movement limitations. Report is clear, concise, and grammatically correct and utilizes appropriate spelling and punctuation
Fetal Diagnostic cardiac sonography
- Performs high quality diagnostic fetal cardiac sonography examinations for interpretation by a fetal cardiologist. Contributes and participates in research projects in the fetal echo department. Attends monthly fetal conference
Assist in preparation and participate in the Annual Phoenix Fetal Cardiology Symposium
- Participates in preparing images as well as talks for the annual Fetal Cardiology Symposium. Recognized as a Sonographer Faculty member of the symposium and upholds the duties assigned to for a successful symposium.
Performs finalizing functions
- Assures studies are appropriately transferred to electronic archives, tracked and billed. Takes steps to quickly remedy identified errors and omissions utilizing the chain of command as necessary.
Maintains professional and technical competency
- Constantly pursues knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the filed. Attends staff meetings participates in and contributes to PCH educational offerings and offsite conferences/seminars; completes self-directed learning via professional journals, texts and appropriate online resources.
Represents cardiodiagnostics and the fetal program in a positive and professional manner
- Interacts professionally with peers, guests, patients, families and internal and external clients. projects a positive image of the cardiac sonography team.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures and protocols. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods. Serves as a mentor to students, trainees, and orientees in the sonography roles.
Care of professional environment
- Participates in cleaning, re-stocking, re-supplying, and turnover of cardio diagnostic exam rooms and equipment to provide for efficient, effective and safe department operations.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots, malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. reports service needs and preventative maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.