This position provides occupational therapy services to a pediatric population, neonate to adolescent, including evaluation and treatment in independent living, sensory-motor integration, cognitive and psychosocial skill.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Evaluates and treats patients with occupational performance disorders/delays, demonstrating knowledge of normal development and skills necessary to provide age appropriate services in areas of self-care and play skills involving motor, sensory-integrative, cognitive, and psychosocial functions. Provides care as outlined in standards of care section of the Policies & Procedures Manual. Uses pediatric based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of children. Establishes appropriate treatment plans with age appropriate goals and target timeframes, which are discussed with family and mutually agreed upon.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the department, hospital, and community, professionally interacting with physicians, families, and hospital/community personnel. This includes preparation and participation in in-service training programs on regular basis. Supervises and directs rehab technician and/or students, providing input into their performance evaluations.
- Organizes, develops, implements, and coordinates occupational performance of patient care with other disciplines within the Hospital and resources within the community, including discharge planning via charting, letters, care conferences, and rounds. This includes patient/family teaching for appropriate function within the home and implementation of home program.
- Maintains appropriate documentation, in compliance with Joint Commission and CARF standards, including participation in Total Quality Management.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.