The Physician Talent Acquisition Partner is accountable for recruiting qualified physicians for Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Overall responsibilities encompass the entire physician recruitment process from marketing, cold-calling, sourcing, interviewing, site visits, checking references, follow-up, to pre-boarding/on-boarding of physicians to Phoenix Children’s Hospital. He/she is also responsible for implementing and executing 'best practice' recruitment and retention strategies for physician recruitment. This Physician Talent Acquisition Partner works in close collaboration with the Senior Vice President of Practice Operations, the Vice President of Talent Acquisition and the rest of the administrative team in the development of the annual medical staff recruitment plan, leading the implementation of this plan, and recruiting physicians in compliance with all federal/state laws and guidelines. In addition, the Physician Talent Acquisition Partner ensures plans and processes are in place to execute strategies that will enhance and develop physician and executive engagement at all levels of recruitment/retention/deployment and in alignment with the appropriate number of physicians, by specialty, for service to the patients and communities of Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Responsible for candidate lead generation, pre-screening and appropriate follow-up for physician candidates in designated specialties. • In coordination with the VP of Talent Acquisition, develops effective recruitment strategies/campaigns for recruitment of physicians in training, in practice and in designated specialties including; direct mail, advertising, residency programs, cold calls and state/national medical organization and specialty meetings. • Conducts internet research using any and all healthcare related sites to uncover and identify physician recruiting trends. • Successfully utilizes social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), general print advertisement, related Internet sites, medical trade/association meeting participation, direct mail campaigns, and association membership to help recruit pediatric leaders. • Successfully builds a pipeline of qualified physicians for the ongoing recruitment needs of Phoenix Children’s Hospital. • Remains actively involved in meetings with senior physician and management staff in the hospital to be up-to-date on new information, new programs and/or press releases. • Prepares physician for onsite interview – travel agency, relocation team (if applicable) & coordinates tours; manages the interview process with hiring managers and clients; reporting regularly on candidate pipeline status.
- Maintains open and responsive communication between recruitment department, hospital administration team, appropriate practice personnel and candidates. • Serves as liaison with candidate, practice, and director regarding contractual and other issues in a professional manner. • Engages at all levels of the organization and has a professional demeanor. • Provides regular communication to involved parties regarding status of qualified and interested candidates, while maintaining a strong understanding of ‘sense of urgency’.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with external sourcing agencies, when necessary, and consistently networks with healthcare professionals.
- Conducts thorough and complete telephone screening interviews with physician candidates. • Pre-qualifies physicians prior to presentation to chief, according to the job order requirements, including availability, malpractice history, clean record, active licenses, and required certifications. • Conducts personal/professional reference-checking on physician candidates.
- Maintains database of all candidate information to include curriculum vitae, contact information, internal referrals and follow-up information.
- Identifies and evaluates trends on healthcare recruitment to include location conditions, economic conditions and competitive advantages in order for PCH to develop innovative strategic plans in response to these trends.
- Fully responsible for pre-boarding and on-boarding process of each newly hired/recruited physician.
- Actively participates in operational and procedural process reviews; assists in creating/implementing changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the processes and operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.