Posting Note: The Director of Foundation Relations will serve as a member of the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation grants team reporting to the Vice President, Individual Giving. The Director is expected to strategically lead and manage relationships with foundation donors and partners, increasing value and impact for both Phoenix Children’s Hospital and its philanthropic partners. The incoming Director will identify local, regional, and national corporate and foundation prospects for the purposes of engendering broad engagement with Phoenix Children’s, and to plan and execute solicitation and stewardship strategies at the major and principal gift levels. Education and Experience Requirements: *Bachelor’s degree *A minimum of 5-10 years of a proven track record of success in corporate and foundation fundraising. Experience in healthcare or academic development setting is strongly encouraged. *Proven track record of securing commitments and developing relationships with foundations (Corporate, Private, Family, Government) *Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other equivalent CRM system. *Candidate must be able to navigate a wide variety of business and social settings and enjoy taking the message of Phoenix Children’s Hospital to individuals and organizations not yet familiar with its work.
Working in close collaboration with the Vice President (VP), the Director of Foundation Development designs and executes on a comprehensive development strategy for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The Director oversees and executes on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts. This position also forms and manages the Phoenix Children’s Foundation development team, and reports directly to the Vice President.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Cultivates existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources, and access to services.
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
Team Management and Development:
- Develops and implements a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implements a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
- Recruits, hires, and oversees training and orientation of all staff members.
Design Development Strategy:
- Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
Form and Manage Development Team:
- Works with the VP and senior leadership team to form a Development Team.
- Oversees Development Team and identifies staffing needs for campaigns and ongoing development.
- Conducts research, prospecting, and applications to multiple donor sources.
- Manages capital campaigns, engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms as necessary.
- Oversees ongoing development efforts.
Build a Robust Donor Base:
- Develops and maintains key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
Communicate and Train:
- Trains and mentors Development Staff and communicates fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.