This position performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations and imaging procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injuries in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists and trains sonography students. Participates in research projects as needed. Provides ultrasound awareness to all staff and maintains good working relationship interdepartmentally as well as hospital wide.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental, and physical comfort of patients, families, and visitors. Addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes appropriate decisions to resolve the issues.
- Coordinates work schedule with supervisor and scheduling, front desk, and patient floors to ensure workload coverage and assistance in obtaining pertinent clinical information and exam choice. Ensures all equipment is operational. Troubleshoots and reports service and maintenance needs as appropriate. Ensures work area is clean and well-stocked.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging. Maintains professional and technical competencies by attending CMEs, keeping active certification by ARDMS, keeping apprised of current literature, attending and assisting in monthly journal club, and maintaining current BLS and TB.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures and protocols for imaging sequences and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates, practices, and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Performs clinical assessments and diagnostic ultrasound procedures and images, using proper techniques and positioning and identifying and recording appropriate anatomical and pathological information and images in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures. Analyses sonograms and synthesizes sonographic information and medical history and communicates findings to appropriate physician.
- Performs finalizing functions including, but not limited to, using radiology information system (RIS) to provide for timely and accurate patient information and charge capture and archiving records in accordance with Radiologist specifications. Performs and completes all computer related functions to include MISYS, CITRIX, PACS, and RADIN responsibilities, as well as completing all necessary worksheets.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.