This position's primary purpose is to oversee ambulatory scheduling staff. This position reports to the Central Scheduling Supervisor. Position will also schedule patient appointments in various divisions, utilizing appropriate scheduling systems and software, according to procedure type, utilizing knowledge of provider protocols, privileges, and block time when appropriate. Collects and enters pertinent patient data. This position also initiates the billing processes by collecting and entering pertinent insurance information.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- This position oversees assigned outpatient schedulers and procedure schedulers working directly and collaboratively with manager, supervisors and staff to provide a high-level of satisfaction with patients and families utilizing PCH services.
Handles Scheduling Calls & Schedules Appointments
- Answers telephones, live chat and web messages in a timely and professional manner according to identified best practices in customer service and guidelines set by department. Schedules patient appointments for various modalities, cancel appointments and/or reschedules as necessary, and corrects or modifies discrepancies in scheduling.
- Works directly and collaboratively with manager, supervisors and staff to provide best practice for processing referrals and orders to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Proactively researches and creates training materials related to scheduling of appointments to include changes to hospital-system, best practice in process of scheduling for accuracy, efficiency and overall patient, provider and staff satisfaction.
Maintains Proficiencies/Seeks Education
- Participates in a variety of unit, hospital and/or outside agency education, when approved, programs to maintain and enhance current skills and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.