This position is responsible for managing all information systems database and user activities used by the Supply Chain/Materials Management departments. This position, in conjunction with IT, shall ensure that Materials Management Information Systems (MMIS) are designed and implemented efficiently and in a manner that maintains a high quality level of data and reporting. The incumbent will provide application usage expertise, traininng and non-IT related service and support to Supply Chain/Materials Management customers. Additionally, this position supports, with the help of IT as necessary, the SCM integration with financial systems including G/L, Accounts Payable and other clinical and ancillary or support applications of the MMIS database. This position is responsible for continual maintenance of the database files to include, but not limited to, the Master Item file and the Vendor/Manufacturer Master file. This position oversees all phases of supply inventory management at the Hospital and uses historical data, re-order points, re-order point theories, and cycle counting to maintain accurate and appropriate supply levels in central supply.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops, monitors, and reports key system operational performance indicators related to MMIS operations for procurement, receiving, inventory control and integration with other systems for efficient operations. Provides data and information as requested for value analysis and product standardization. Attends all department and value analysis meetings as needed. Prepares executive summary reports on inventory usage and variances each month. Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports as requested for department manager and director.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for system related issues involving integration with Finance, reporting capabilities and limitations, future enhancements, production and operations support, training requirements and opportunities for customer satisfaction related to MMIS.
- Evaluates current needs and develops reports that will meet a wide range of Materials Management functions such as supply utilization, system utilization, supplier performance and productivity requirements. Uses tools such as Crystal Reports, MS Add-Ins, Excel and others to accomplish day-to-day and add-hoc reporting functions.
- Ensures that all internal audit requirements are being met and completes all month-end and year-end close functions in coordination with Finance and Accounts Payable.
- Ensures seven days per week, twenty-four hours per day system support for users of MMIS. This is to be accomplished by identifying and developing a network of super-users and back-up personnel which are trained to support ongoing operations and in coordination with IT.
- Responsible for the continual maintenance of the database files to include, but not limited to, Master Item file, Vendor Master file, Pricing and contracts, Inventory Control processes to include maintenance of inventory and PAR locations to support daily replenishment process.
- Processes all requests to add, delete or change information in a timely manner to ensure continuous system accuracy. Coordinates the requesting process and ensures that proper documentation and research has been completed in support of the request before adding to the systems.
- Manages re-order points and factor lead time to optimize inventory turns at greater than 15/year. Reviews daily system-generated order and pro-actively avoids stock outs to less than 1%. Manages all inventory measures, including UOM, bins, and issues to minimize excess or slow-moving inventory. Maintains Central Supply organization, layout, and labeling to optimize work flow.
- Coordinates and oversees all periodic and annual inventory processes for the hospital. Organizes and performs daily cycle counts Helps the Hospital minimize supply and inventory costs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.