Posting Note: Reporting to the Director of Special Events, the Sr. Special Events Planner will serve as team lead for an event planner and event coordinator within the team. With a strategic approach, the Sr. Special Events Planner will manage their assigned events and is responsible for the development of team assigned events their committees and revenue. Serves as the lead in procurement and development of new beneficiary events that support the revenue goals of Phoenix Children’s. Ensures regular and meaningful contact with donors, committee members and event prospects to create an environment of loyalty and consistency. The ideal candidate has 7 years of event planning and fundraising experience with a high level of professionalism, team building, positive attitude and innovated spirit. Additional skills include strong attention to detail, proactive mindset and organized workflow to lead a high performing team with multiple priorities to meet project deadlines.
Working in close collaboration with leadership, the Sr Specialist develops and implements all aspects of multiple programs that align with hospital’s mission and support the Foundation’s goals. Working independently, the Sr Specialist may be in charge of overseeing program/project execution that could include staffing, volunteers, budget and fundraising goals from start to finish. This position may also be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community. Position may have direct and/or indirect oversight of lower-level staff members and/or volunteers.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manage Budgets: Creates and analyzes budgets for each program in order to minimize unnecessary expenditures, including complex budgetary planning and forecasting.
- Allocate Resources: Allocates a specific amount of resources for each program while avoiding the depletion of resources as well as the degradation of quality.
- Program Development: Provides leadership and/or oversight in the development of fully-fledged programs complete with policies, procedures and techniques.
- Staff Oversight: Responsible for training, assisting and collaborating with staff members who are involved in one or more programs. Indirect and/or direct supervision must facilitate communication, aid organization, coordinate objectives and ensure that standards are met.
- Process Documentation: Manages the tracking of deliverables, monitoring progress and translating data towards future growth projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.