Posting Note: Posting Notes: Reporting to the Director of Special Events, the Special Events Coordinator works in conjunction with the Special Events Planners to plan, implement and execute signature fundraising events while serving as a liaison on beneficiary events raising funds for Phoenix Children’s. The ideal candidate has 1 year of event planning or fundraising experience with a high level of professionalism, strong work ethic, positive attitude and eagerness to learn spirit. Additional skills include strong attention to detail, proactive mindset and organized workflow as part of an enthusiastic, high performing team with multiple priorities to meet project deadlines.
The Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist with managing relationships, partnerships, programs, events and campaigns that result in growing annual revenue for the Foundation. The Coordinator collaborates with colleagues throughout the Foundation and/or hospital to help deliver first-class programs, events, recognition, and service to internal and external donors.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides hands-on assistance with fund raising tactics, timely and meaningful donor recognition and communications. Schedules meetings, volunteers and tours, tracks donations.
- Keeps updated calendar of events, merchandise, supplies, contact information in database, tracking reports for campaign, program and event revenue and expenses.
- Collaborates with Foundation colleagues to develop and implement prospect cultivation and recognition collateral, promotional materials and proposals to engage and increase interest in philanthropy and sponsorship from individuals and businesses.
- Assists with tasks related to events and project management; communications; donor engagement and stewardship.
- Helps cultivate relationships with existing and prospective supporters.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.