The Simulation Manager performs a full range of duties in order to collaboratively design and implement educational activities for simulation including needs assessment, curriculum development, and program assessment. This person facilitates educational events using human patient simulation, electronic medical records, virtual environments, and use of standardized participants, etc
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Facilitates integration of new technologies, materials, and teaching strategies to enhance participant learning, performance improvement, and/or research within a simulation environment.
Content experts of specific health related areas nurses, and allied health providers to meet the educational needs of the learners and those of our external partnerships.
- Assists in managing and directing simulation activities.
- Serves as a consultant/resource regarding simulation issues for PCH.
- Briefs staff/students the use of patient care simulators, related media, and computer equipment used during the simulation scenario.
Identifies opportunities improvement, innovation, and development of initiatives for the integration of simulation in clinical education.
- Assures compliance with regulatory and evidenced based professional standards.
- Collects data on the effectiveness of simulation on student learning, critical thinking, and clinical decision-making.
- Develops methods to evaluate student and client satisfaction with departmental and simulation center programs.
Serves as a resource, mentor and role model for nursing, hospital staff and community.
- Benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Participating in professional societies.
- Communicate in a positive, professional manner with faculty, students and staff.
- Maintains professional knowledge.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.