Posting Note: This position will require a Medical Assistant Certification from either the American Association of Medical Assisting (CMA) or the American Medical Technologist (RMA), a BLS and educational completion from a Medical Assistant program.
The MA Care Coordinator works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for a designated department or clinic at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. This position is mainly administrative, but requires a clinical knowledge base to help facilitate patient care, overcoming barriers to care, helping to improve the overall quality of care and enhancing the patient experience.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Works with the care team to optimize the patient care experience for patients and families; helping patients overcome barriers to care, improving overall quality of care and enhancing patient and clinic flows.
- Acts as a direct liaison for families within the specified disease population; working collaboratively with patients, providers, nurses, referral coordinators, and office staff.
- Works with the clinical team to complete requested paperwork including, but not limited to: school letters, forms, FMLA paperwork, ROI requests, CRS applications, etc.
- Collects data and prepares charts for upcoming visits; facilitating the scheduling of outside specialty testing, receipt of test results and follow-up on DME and specialty medication orders.
- Works with team to streamline clinic visits by performing prior authorizations and assuring families are prepared for clinic visits.
- Identifies patients with gaps in care and works with those families to assure timely and appropriate follow-up within the clinic; facilitating appointment scheduling, records requests, and referrals to Subspecialists.
- Works with physicians to develop protocols that will help streamline care while improving quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for readily available and accessible data.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.