This position plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates lactation programs on both an inpatient and outpatient basis to ensure ongoing promotion and support through increasing awareness and understanding.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Acts as a Lactation Resource
- Acts as a Lactation Resource
- Acts as a resource to families, community, and health care staff regarding lactation issues to ensure understanding for integration with plan of care.
- Works closely and in conjunction with health care team and family to provide consultation services for the lactation challenges of the various patient care areas through documenting and evaluating plan of care.
- Quality Improvement
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives.
- Proactively evaluates systems and practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations.
Staff Development and Education
- Develops, implements, and evaluates lactation programs for continuing education of staff to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills based on assessed need.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through regular participation in a variety of educational programs and in-services, reviewing relevant professional publication and materials, and participating in professional societies to ensure ongoing awareness and understanding of most current methodologies, practices, and philosophies as applied to patient care population.
- Develops and implements lactation policies and procedures for both inpatient and outpatient areas to ensure consistency and integration of services.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates lactation programs designed to meet the assessed physical, psychosocial, and educational needs of mothers, infants, children, and families.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.