Posting Note: This position will be located in our Gilbert Medical office. The AZ licenses required for this opportunity to work with children and families at PCH are the following: LCSW, LMFT, and LPC. No weekends. M-F 8:00 - 5:00. Competitive salary and benefits.
This position provides therapeutic counseling interventions to children and families at PCH. The position functions as part of the psychiatric team and provides counseling interventions for children and families on an outpatient basis, or as part of the inpatient consult liaison service when requested by psychiatry. In addition to therapeutic interventions with children and families, the position must be able to provide appropriate clinical documentation and recommendations to insurance reviewers, referral sources and to other governmental agencies as requested. This position receives administrative supervision from the Manager, Social Services, and clinical direction from the Division Chief, Psychiatry or designee.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provide Counseling Interventions
- Provides ongoing counseling interventions that build on family strengths and addresses ongoing mental health needs or coping skills that may be interfering with self-sufficiency or medical adherence. Use clinical best practices to engage families and achieve positive clinical outcomes. Ensure services are clinically necessary and appropriately documented for insurance reimbursement. Provide services in accordance with PCH policies and practices.
Complete Bio-Psychosocial Assessments
- Assess the bio-psychosocial status of the patient within the family structure. This may include, but is not limited to mental status exam, coping skills, cognitive abilities, safety issues, suicide risk assessment, and any other issues that may be impeding the child or family from successfully managing their mental health symptoms or coping issues. Ensures assessments are documented appropriately for insurance reimbursement. Comply with PCH policies and practices.
Coordinate Care with Other Facilities and Providers
- Assume leadership for coordination of care with insurance companies, community partners or governmental agencies, as necessary to serve the needs of the child and family. Provides appropriate documentation for coordination and complies with PCH policies and practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.