The Manager of Infection Prevention Programs is accountable for day-to-day operations of the Infection Prevention department with enterprise wide responsibility for implementation of strategy, policy, direction and action plans, providing leadership and oversight for the infection prevent program and staff who are working with this program. Manages the ongoing analysis, development, and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services and functions. This position oversees infection prevention program for all sites as well as implementation and management of improvement projects within the scope and mission of Phoenix Children`s Hospital. A major responsibility for this position will be coordination of the many infection prevention initiatives undertaken by various interdisciplinary teams within the enterprise
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Maintains expert level knowledge in infection prevention and control standards for hospitals, affiliates and ambulatory environments and ensures that effective, evidence-based policies and practices are implemented for the safety of patients, families, and staff.
- Manages a systematic approach to monitor the effectiveness of infection prevention and control strategies, develop and monitor a robust Infection Control Plan, devise an Infection Control Risk Assessment, analyze results of surveillance, special studies, or other data collected for determination of infections, and provide reports of data to appropriate departments and leaders so that risks are known and mitigated and safety is promoted.
- Provides leadership and management of the activities of the Infection Control Committee, providing expert knowledge, leading performance improvement initiatives, and demonstrating advocacy so that infection control practices for the health care system are maintained for patient and staff safety.
Ongoing assessments and evaluation of program considering concurrent data, retrospective trends and other analytics to proactively address infection prevention strategies in a variety of settings.
- Develops the appropriate infrastructure and oversight to organize and sustain improvement efforts and proactively prevent infections. Strategically deploys resources for maximum impact while addressing areas of risk and effective action plans for improvement. Benchmarks with other organizations to assess and recommend innovative approaches to organization.
Effective management of staff and demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making
- Provides comprehensive managerial oversight, support and stewardship including hiring, coaching, counseling, work assignments, budgeting, and evaluations to ensure optimal operations within the Infection Prevention Department.
- Identifies efficient work practices and refines processes on an ongoing basis.
Communicates effectively and efficiently with a variety of audiences
- Communicates effectively, facilitates and manages change, solves interpersonal and structural conflicts so that those they are leading are able to manage difficult transitions and accomplish needed goals. Proficient at influencing a variety of audiences to improve outcomes.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.