This position is responsible for providing speech-language pathology services to a pediatric population, from neonate to adolescent, including evaluation and treatment in the areas of communication and swallowing.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Evaluates and treats patients with communication and swallowing disorders/delays, demonstrating knowledge of normal growth and skills necessary to provide age appropriate services. Uses pediatric based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of the child. Establishes appropriate treatment plan with age-appropriate goals and target timeframes, which are discussed with family and mutually agreed upon
- Maintains appropriate documentation per the Policies & Procedures Manual in compliance with JCAHO and CARF standards, including participation in Total Quality Management.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the department, hospital, and community, professionally interacting with physician, families, and hospital/community personnel.
- Evaluates recommended needs for equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the monitoring of speech pathology students
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.