This position guides and trains the Family Financial Counselors in working with patient families to educate them on insurance benefits, payment options and out of pocket amounts due, assisting them in obtaining 3rd party coverage through government and commercial avenues and walking them through the PCH financial assistance and premium assistance programs when applicable. The Lead Financial Counselor thinks creatively about coverage options in a changing healthcare environment and provides a customer service friendly approach that is coordinated with with the patient's care team in order to ensure that the family has a full understanding of liability, coverage and coverage options, and payment options.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Conducts training and quality assurance with family financial counselors to ensure that they understand all aspects of their job duties and are performing them consistently and at the standard level set by the organization. Ensures that staff are oriented to the job expectations so they may fully carry out their responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Fulfills all the duties of the Family Financial Services Counselor and acts as back up coverage for staff shortages due to PTO, open positions, and times of high volume.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital education programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Provides input regarding staff performance to the Supervisor of Admitting and Financial Counseling such that he/she can review employees' performance annually and can take corrective action when necessary.
- Resolves problems with internal and external clients. Involves other supervisors an department leadership as necessary.
- Maintains an in depth understanding of the Federal Marketplace, Medicare, Managed Care, AHCCCS, and other third party payer rules, authorization and billing requirements.
- Acts as primary financial contact for all international patients seeking health care services from PCH/PCMG.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.