The Health Informatics Analyst may perform comprehensive financial modeling, predictive analytics, and population health reporting of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software. Modeling and analytics include gathering data from multiple data sources, evaluating and synchronizing resulting data, benchmarking key financial and quality indicators, adjusting for market conditions and strategic objectives, checking for reasonableness using independent judgment, and interpretation of various types of health care data including claims data, encounter data and financial reports. The Health Informatics Analyst develops communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations as well as participating in research, strategy and implementing solutions.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Proactively identifies data anomalies and exceptions as observed in summarized health care data; independently benchmarks data from different sources to determine market indicators for financial and quality metrics; develops core department deliverables and ad-hoc analysis. Understands the reasons and impacts of data anomalies, exceptions, and changes in benchmarks on desired analytics in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead.
- Independently and with input from senior staff summarizes, analyzes and creates predictive models of health care financial and quality data to be used for negotiations/contracting, population health management, and strategic enterprise-wide initiatives. Such processes should be created using industry standards along with a strong sense of self-interpretation and validation through other data sources.
Internal and External Interactions
- Participates in meetings with internal and external parties, including but not limited to health plans, providers, and leadership to provide data expertise. Provides insight on defining the data analysis, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different approaches. Takes detailed notes to ensure accurate information is collected to determine project and data scope.
- Serves as a project lead on small to midsized department projects. Coordinates project efforts. Volunteers and promotes active leadership. Provides appropriate written and verbal communication as project lead to team members, manager and customers regarding project status, issue identification and resolution, and analytical results. Manages multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously to include the following: organize project work flow; manages the quality and timeliness of project deliverables; ensures team deliverables are accurate and easy to interpret.
- Assists Senior Health Informatics Analyst with data management including file transfer and processing, data integrity review, and ongoing data maintenance using various tools including SAS, SQL, and MS Office products.
- Consults internal teams and external stakeholders to understand objectives, decision-making processes and need for analysis/interpretation of information to ensure information provided is aligned with needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.