The Director of Digital Initiatives & Strategy is responsible for oversight of all interactive digital initiatives for Phoenix Children’s, including strategic development, efficient implementation, and critical evaluation of the corporate digital strategy in support of the organization’s mission and goals for Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and Phoenix Children’s Physician Practices. These responsibilities also include identifying and developing online marketing strategy to support marketing programs objectives, and growth and volume targets for specified clinical programs and service lines. This position works strategically & cooperatively with various areas of the organization to develop, write, edit, update and maintain content, communicate/design templates and standards, exercise proficiency in content management system, and manage customer satisfaction, needs, and expectations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops and oversees online and web-based solutions to support the goals of the marketing department and organization through all System websites.
- Manages the process around digital editorial activities, including gathering and researching information, and regularly updating content to maintain accuracy and quality standards, enhancing the value of the website to all audiences. Coordinates reviews and approvals as needed.
- Has command of Content Management System to maximize efficiencies and trains internal resources as appropriate. Ensures adherence to graphic, editorial and web standards.
- Acts as point of contact and manages relationships with external digital resources including web hosting and development partners, SEO firm and consultant(s) as necessary.
- Maintains professional expertise through involvement in professional organizations and continuing education programs. Explores new technologies and recommends enhancements for website.
- Oversees all SEO initiatives related to the website. Ensures keywords and metatags are reviewed and updated as necessary. Works closely with SEO firm to develop content guides to improve SEO and site relevancy. Looks outward for relevant linking opportunities where possible.
- Works with members of the Marketing team to achieve success in all Paid Search initiatives. Communicates key learnings from Paid Search efforts to SEO vendor.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure data from a credentialing, data integrity and HIPAA standpoint is compliant.
- Works internally to help individual departments organize and outline content for intranet pages. Has a solid understanding of user experience and website development.
- Manages ongoing Quality Assurance processes to ensure website accuracy.
- Ability to work with clinical data to develop infographics for website related to Safety & Quality
- Acts as point person for all digital related communications at hospital, inclusive of in-patient rooms and monitors at building locations.
- Serves as member of mobile app strategy and development team.
- Manages multiple projects and priorities effectively and accurately.
Email Marketing and CRM
- Responsible for development and implementation of email strategy for the Organization.
- Works collaboratively with IT, Medical Staff Office, Risk Enterprise, Legal counsel to develop a comprehensive process for email marketing.
- Manages all vendors and/or CRM programs that will assist in the deployment of email marketing campaigns
- Develops training program and corporate guidelines for email marketing initiatives
- Strategically works with colleagues to develop communication plans to support email efforts
- Monitors all email marketing programs at the hospital to support corporate initiatives such as insurance payor relationships, clinical service lines, etc.
- Enhances lead generation to grow email marketing audience.
- Develops campaign performance reports and distributes to the marketing team and applicable stakeholders/leadership within the organization; reports to include metrics such as open rates, conversion rates and more.
- Provides analysis of activity through appropriate reporting mechanisms and responds to indicators/adjusts strategy as necessary to ensure optimal return.
- Leverages Google Analytics or other digital data dashboards to make informed strategic decisions and utilizes analytical thinking to review data to make adjustments and modifications based on understanding and reviewing data trends.
- Creates digital reports for internal and external stakeholders that inform decision making across the organization.
- Seeks to constantly make recommendations to bring Phoenix Children’s to a leadership position as it relates to digital-forward momentum (such as app development, etc.). Stays on top of trends.
- Stays well informed of competitor online efforts and makes recommendations as industry standards, trends and situations arise.
Team Structure/Management Responsibilities
- Manages staff, including Specialists, Analysts and Administrative support.
- Provides mentorship, training and development for reporting team members.
- Provides input and feedback for quarterly review periods.
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the Marketing and Communications teams.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.