Posting Note: Position Summary The Philanthropy Officer serves as a key member of the foundation individual giving team. This individual will strategically qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects to increase gifts to Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This position reports to the Sr. Philanthropy Officer, Individual Giving. Position Duties: *Manages a portfolio of 150-175 prospects *Develop and implement thoughtful strategic qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospective donors for gifts of $25,000 or more *Ensure regular contact with donors through various activities and communications, especially face to face meetings *Develops expertise in hospital Centers of Excellence and service lines; serves as foundation liaison in assisting physicians, program directors and administration with capital and programmatic funding needs *Meet annual activity and financial performance metrics *Participate in meetings and other special projects as requested.
The Development Officer II identifies, develops, broadens, and maximizes philanthropic support from individual and business prospects to increase awareness and support of hospital programs, initiatives and goals through philanthropic giving. This position may have program management oversight and execution.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Discovers/cultivates/solicits stewardship activities to develop a portfolio of prospects and donors to ensure achievement of fundraising goals and purposes. Develops strategies for identifying potential prospects and introducing new and additional individuals and businesses to philanthropy at PCH. Regularly reports activities and results against targets to achieve/exceed performance metrics. Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize giving potential of donors.
- Collaborates with Foundation colleagues to develop and implement prospect cultivation and recognition collateral, promotional materials and proposals to engage and increase interest in philanthropy and sponsorship from individuals and businesses.
- Develops expertise in Hospital Centers of Excellence and all clinical care areas, research and programs funded through philanthropy. Build relationships and ongoing interaction with physicians, researchers, program directors and administrators with personnel, programmatic and capital funding needs
- Represents Phoenix Children’s appropriately at community functions, networking events and by nurturing new and existing relationships.
- Maintains professional competency by pursuing industry knowledge, keeping apprised of current and national trends and building awareness of latest technologies and best practices to promote performance.
- Some program management oversight and execution in collaboration with colleagues, support team and internal and/or external resources.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.