This position promotes employee health through activities and functions of the Occupational Health Program including case management of Workers Compensation claims to assure employees health and physical capabilities prior to and during employment in accordance with all applicable standards, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs pre-employment, annual , and, Fit for Duty health assessments on all employees, volunteers, and contracted staff to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable OSHA, JCAHO, DHS, and ADA requirements and guidelines, including drug-free workplace standards.
Infection Control & Safety Management Education/Training
- Assists to develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of a variety of employee health and wellness, injury, infection, and exposure prevention education programs.
- Works collaboratively with Infection Control, Safety, and Benefits to identify appropriate program materials and speakers.
- Works collaboratively with Infection Control and Safety to investigate occupational health hazards to ensure development and implementation of appropriate preventative measures to reduce potential exposure.
- Works collaboratively with Infection Control to plan, develop, and direct a comprehensive Occupational Health program to ensure timely notification and communication with employees and departments of required health screens, immunizations, and incidents of communicable disease exposure.
Work Related Injury / Illness
- Performs initial triage and follow up of all employee injuries/illness with referrals to appropriate contracted physicians or counseling facility for treatment in accordance with established protocols to ensure compliance with JCAHO, OSHA, DHS, and ADA guidelines.
Case Management & Administrative Support
- Works collaboratively with department managers and appropriate health care providers, worker's compensation, and short-term disability programs to coordinate early return to work for light duty functions to ensure timely staff availability and placement in accordance with abilities and competence.
- Documents and maintains current hard and softcopy employee health files and records in accordance with applicable regulations and confidentiality standards to ensure ongoing availability of information.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.