Posting Note: • Prefer at least one year of NP/PA experience in pediatrics • PICU experience preferred • This position requires one week of inpatient service/hospital coverage and 3 weeks of clinic • This is a very busy surgical practice. We have 7 surgeons with additional attendings starting this year. • Inpatient: 1. Includes H & Ps, consults, rounding on patients (general peds, PICU, NICU, CVICU, and ED), post op care of patients, and procedures. 2. Time: 6am-3pm is standard. 3. Requires management of medically complex pediatric patients and tracheostomies. 4. Physician assistants: Occasional OR assist with head and neck cases 5. You will be working alongside residents and attendings, must have good communication and interpersonal skills. 6. Requires call approximately 4 nights per month: You will be answering hospital and patient phone calls. • Clinic: 1. Clinic will be primarily located in Gilbert AZ and Mesa AZ office locations 2. Clinic will be 3 weeks: 8am-5pm 3. Must be able to work autonomously 4. Clinic procedures include: cerumen disimpaction, debridement of ear canals, frenotomy, rigid nasal endoscopies, nasopharyngoscopies, flexible laryngoscopies, foreign body removal (ear and nose), tracheoscopies, nasal cautery, and more.
This position works in collaboration with the attending physicians and works within their scope of practice to provide excellent clinical care for patients. Plays a critical role in the patient family medical team. Professional who may practice in hospital’s inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Conducts comprehensive health history, physical assessments and plans for infants, children and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions. Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients.
- Orders and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Formulates family centered plan of care. Performs daily documents as necessary. Collaborated and coordinated care with other team members.
- Collects data and analyzes when necessary.
- Performs any needed advanced procedures that are associated with their credentialing process DOP.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence based practice for plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competences, certifying body renewals, seeking educational offerings when available, and participates in the professional development of others which may include Advanced Practice Provider students, Residents and Medical Students. Acts as a preceptor/mentor for those new in department.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by bring up concerns in appropriate manner, reporting through appropriate channels, and ensuring change of practice when necessary. Demonstrates shared accountability of safe practice.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.