Posting Note: The ideal candidate will have experience with industry-driven clinical trial budgeting and management of federal grant awards.
This position is responsible for identifying and applying for federal, state, and other grants. This position will handle the full cycle grant application process from researching grant opportunities to end-of-grant reporting responsibilities. This position will assist in the development of budgets and contract documents for sponsor and grant supported clinical trials. This position effectively collaborates with Accounting or Finance departments and/or staff in the preparation of program budgets, budget modifications, and preparation of financial reports. This position receives oversight from the Director of Research. This position does not supervise any positions.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists and collaborates with the investigator and team to develop and manage a timeline that will enable developing the best work product and get it reviewed at the appropriate levels of Phoenix Children's Hospital. Coordinates the full grant application process from researching grant opportunities to submission of grants and end-of-grant reporting responsibilities.
- Facilitates the development, coordination, execution, and implementation of contracts for sponsor and grant supported clinical trials. Evaluates the appropriateness of contract terms, dollars, and conditions, and negotiates with sponsors to finalize clinical trial contracts and budgets.
- Develops in collaboration with the other members of the team those portions of the proposal that are not specific to the expertise of the investigator (i.e. budget narrative, facilities narrative, inclusion of minorities, protection of human subjects, etc).
- Edits and critiques the work of the Phoenix Children's Hospital potential investigator or contractor.
- Maintains documentation of proposals, tracks metrics and outcomes, and produces related reports. Ensures grant proposal compliance.
- Manages in collaboration with the Research Department, the overall process of progressing the work product through PCH including, but not limited to, following the appropriate process for budgeting and approval.
- Researches appropriate federal (i.e. NIH and DOD), state, and local government grants and contracts to find those appropriate for employees of Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures related to the submission and management of grant awards.
- Manages the administrative functions of the Research Project Tracking system.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.