Posting #: 464058
Date Posted: 7/30/2019
Employee Type: Regular
The Ophthalmic Technician assists in the delivery of health care and patient care management working one on one with any practice provider.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. This includes obtaining patient history, documenting allergies, obtains current vision measurement, maintains medication list, and generating surgical consent forms. Assists the provider in the course of the patient encounter as requested.
- Administers medications such as eye drops under physician’s written order.
- Performs automated visual field in-office testing procedure.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Maintains supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization.
- Travels with doctor from office to office or hospital, if applicable.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.