Posting Note: The Division of Psychiatry at Phoenix Children's Hospital is seeking full-time child and adolescent psychiatrists to join a top ranked Pediatric Neuroscience Institute to provide comprehensive, high quality care for children and adolescents with psychiatric conditions. The psychiatrists will join a team of 10, serving children and adolescents across psychosomatic service lines, inpatient and ambulatory. Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital Psychiatric Division, led by Randall Ricardi, DO, CPE; offers comprehensive, compassionate mental health care services to children and their families. Our approach is based on completing a full psychiatric evaluation; taking into account biological, psychological and social factors that play a role in the current difficulties our patients are experiencing and we consider the interaction between all these factors. We strive to create a comprehensive treatment plan, to address the core and contributing factors identified during the evaluation. We address those factors by implementing or recommending evidence-based interventions, broader than the limited interventions offered by medication use only. In order to maximize our patients' potential, we consider the natural resources available in their community and try to optimize factors that will support the resiliency of our patients and their families. Collaboration and close communication with other disciplines and care providers are essential to provide excellent care. We value the role of the education system and collaborate with schools to provide broad recommendations for interventions that may be helpful in that setting. The psychiatrist will have the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals at Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Barrow Neurological Institute for interdisciplinary care, research, and participate in education programs for medical students, child neurology, general psychiatry, and child and adolescent psychiatry residents. A competitive salary and an excellent benefit and compensation package add to the attraction of the position. Faculty appointments commensurate with experience at University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, Creighton University College of Medicine – Phoenix and Mayo Clinic are available and highly encouraged.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.