The Specialty Care Coordinator I performs care coordination activities and programmatic support for a defined specialty patient population. Serves as a liaison and resource for patient and family needs. Works in close cooperation with and under the clinical guidance of the program director and division leadership.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Implements standardized processes to facilitate program / patient needs through clinic preparation, intake, clinic flow and ongoing follow-up requirements identified for specialty population.
- Serves as contact person between families, providers and community resources. Shares information with the inter-professional team and participates in the development of patient’s plan of care.
- Partners with community resources, state and national affiliations and marketing department to promote services and benchmark outcomes.
- Serves as a resource to staff in target area of expertise and needs of the program.
- Develops patient/ family resources relevant to target area of expertise.
- Participates in program development and evaluation by monitoring quality indicators and maintaining a database to support evaluation and submission of data / reports as required.
- Participates in a variety of education activities to maintain expertise in specialty area and be informed on evidence that support best practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.