Posting Note: This position is 24 hours/week during, the hours of 7:00 - 3:00. We have a great team with great comradery.
This position performs invasive cardiovascular procedures to produce consistently high quality examinations in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Prepares and sets up Cath Lab for procedures and organizes sterile areas, instruments, and equipment in accordance with established procedure, department, and physician requirements and standards. Participates in restocking and room turnover between and after cases.
Procedure preparation and communication
- Reviews requirements of patient, physician, and procedure requirements to assess set-up, equipment, and supply needs. Communicates with procedural team to provide for thorough preparedness.
Assists procedures and imaging
- Performs diagnostic cardiology and electrophysiology procedures and imaging. Determines proper radiologic technique and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs finalizing functions, including, but not limited to archival storage of images, patient radiographic data and records in accordance with Cardiologist and departmental specifications.
Personal growth and competency
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging and pediatric/congenital invasive cardiology and electrophysiology. Attends educational and administrative staff meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.